March 5, 2014

Waiting For Superman

I am obsessed with the following song. 
I have always been a huge fan of Daughtry and this song just wowed me. Literally.

What made me love this song even more is the message behind it.
Have you watched this video before? Heard the song?
I mean, it's not about good old Superman. It could be, no doubt.
I believe it is about the Superman (or Superwoman) in all of us. When you watch the video you understand it better. It's the little things we do in life (or the ones we choose to ignore). My mom told me once to do good deeds at least once a month. I believe to do one good deed a day, if not twice a day.

By that I don't mean jumping into a fight on the street when there's a chance that you get harmed. By that I mean a simple thank you or bless you to random people; on the street, at the bank while standing in line, in class, at work, or at Starbucks of all places. By that I mean saving snails after a rainy couple of days. Holding doors for others, or giving up your seat to a person who may need it more. By that I mean a simple smile rather than a frown even when you feel like crying - pretend you are an actress or an actor working on a shitty day and performing to her or his best ability!!!

I have been saving snails ever day, smiling to people even though they gave me a stinky look, saying bless you when someone sneezed, and I have been holding doors. I have also kept up with going out and spending money on occasions I cannot afford but I saw it as a good deed. 

I feel like Superwoman.
I may not have saved people, or flown around but I feel accomplished.
Today's deed is unknown but we shall see.

So, what is your good deed of today or this week at least?
There has to be one!



1 comment :

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hadn't heard this in forever! I do love the song though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...