February 26, 2012

Allow Oscar Gowns to Inspire a Stunning Interior

It's me again {Sierra from Ocean Dreams blog}
 and this time I'm back to talk about the Oscars!
Oh and I'm incorporating interior design. :) 

While Selma is studying away 
(and watching the Academy Awards)
I thought I'd come up with an inspiring post for you all!
It's always amazing to see what the stars wear during the Oscars, 
and so far I'm loving what I see on the TV screen!
But seeing all of these fabulous gowns made me think
about how it would be to take a dress and transform it into
a lovely interior. So I pulled what I feel are gorgeous interiors
and paired them from Oscars gowns from the past. 

Most often interior design correlates with fashion and vice versa.
If green is trending in the interior design world it is always in style and
creates a fashionable ensemble as well! Which, by the way green is 
very much in right now, especially if you take the time to read the
latest issue of House Beautiful.

But anyway, here are some stunning Oscars outfits and
what I feel these stunning dresses would look like if you 
turned them into a sparkling interior with modern lighting!

If you take Mila Kunis' lavender dress and transform it
into a space of your dreams, you will find a beautiful
lavender interior with just a touch of yellow as an accent color.
If you take Jennifer Lawrence's gown from the Oscars in 2011
 and transform it into a red hot interior that's minimalistic and glam.
This is what you would come up with:
 Let's go chic and classic like Michelle Williams.
You can find a sweet and simple interior just like Michelle's gown.
What about beige and lace? 
Create a very feminine interior with Florence Welch's dress
as your inspiration - who doesn't love beige and creme
colors that are lovely?!
So don't be afraid the capture the inspiring dresses that you 
see on the Red Carpet tonight. Whether the dress
is classic, bold, or glistening with sequins, you can develop an
interior that reminds you of that perfect dress.
You may not be able to wear a dress and arrive to the Oscars,
but you can bring the Academy Awards to your home!

Thanks for the opportunity to guest post Selma! ;)

5 comments :

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Okay I LOVE this, what a great way to feature gorgeous color!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

What a fun post! I just loved Mila's dress from last year!

Meghan said...

This is an insane post! I love this concept! I never would have thought of dresses as inspiration!

Sierra said...

Yay thanks so much for the guest post girl and thanks girls for your sweet compliments - I love dresses as inspiration! ;)

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Love me some Oscar inspiration! Never thought to look at it this way, but you are right...we can combine the two! :)

Thank you girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...