February 7, 2013

One More Week Until VDay & Happy Carnival Time!


Are you ready?
Will you be doing something special?
You have one more week!!

Today, though my thoughts and my heart are with my fellow Swiss people.
It's that time of the year again when everything goes crazy in Luzern.
It's that fifth season again that if you don't have that fever you just can't understand how I'm feeling being so far away from everything. It's like not being home for or not watching the Super Bowl if you are a die hard football fan. My heart aches a little.
However, I watched the beginning of our fifth season online and it was beyond amazing.
It was worth it and I loved it.
It may not even make sense to anyone but it purely made my Wednesday...
...and today I just wish I would be in Luzern celebrating a great and fun season!

Happy Fasnacht my lovely friends.
Drink something for me!! :)

xoxo

3 comments :

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! I'm glad you were at least able to see a little bit of it online! I know how it can be missing where you come from.

New Life in Spain said...

Do they celebrate carnaval in Switzerland? Here in Las Palmas Carnaval is on, it lasts for 3 weeks! Tomorrow is actually a public holiday for the carnaval, so the main day is tomorrow (apart from all the festivities in the weekends)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! Seeing PCVs in Cambodia get together for events that we would have been there for if we were still there makes my heart a little sad. I'm sorry you're missing carnival, but I'm glad you were able to see a bit of it on tv.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...