July 23, 2012

Weekend Update

Happy Monday.
Hope your weekend was filled with lazy days, some fun and possibly uplifting news.

My weekend was a mixture of a lot of things.
Friday morning (to most of you American readers, it is Thursday night) I woke up to news I did not want to wake up to. We all have heard of the horrendous shooting in Colorado. Not much else needs to be said about that. Really.
So, Friday just started out great...really.
But I went shopping in Sweden...sort of.


Saturday...I spent a few hours with a friend, then hopped onto another meeting with another friend. I get all the town gossip from that second meeting. We were supposed to be meeting the day before after my trip to IKEA, but she had to cancel the meeting with me, and so we met Saturday afternoon. I am not a gossip person but I love to get updated on who is dating who, who is divorcing who, who is sick, and who got kicked out of a club, or has just opened a new one and all that. I always feel catapulted back to being 18 all over again. And I am certainly not 18 anymore. Thankgoodness.

Saturday evening I stayed home in my jammies and did not go to the Blue Balls Festival here in Luzern. It was cold and it was raining...not the best time to go out. A glass or two of red wine, occasional games on the phone, a weird TV show and a book on my lap...that's what my Saturday evening looked like. Pathetic I know.

Sunday...well, Sunday I wanted to stay home in my jammies (again, I know!!!), not worry about how I look or how I smell (hahaha) and just stay in bed, relax and get rid of my shoulder ache. That certainly didn't happen. My friend called me and asked me if I had any plans. I told her what my plans were and she just said that I was silly and needed to get into the shower, and get ready because she was going to walk along the lake with me. That's what you do here on a sunny Sunday. The lake walk is tradition.
Apparently, my friend knows me too well, and so, I hopped into the shower, got ready, and met her later that afternoon for a long stroll along the lake.
And well, my friend brought her entourage too. Four kids and a hubby. :)

H&M has cute socks...I know that because I bought these.

Later that day I met a few other friends and we ended up enjoying the Blue Balls Festival with great food, drinks and obviously music. It is always fun to attend such a festival because literally, you bump into people you haven't seen in months and for me that would be twelve months...wow. It's kindergarten, elementary and high school reunion in one.
Unfortunately, our mood was killed by two fire trucks and two additional vehicles driving through the mass of people. Wondering what happened? Not the best thing...gas explosion that injured five people. They have food stands all over and one of them out of nowhere just went nowhere and dissolved itself. That stand is gone and the people there injured and in the hospital. Luckily, nothing more happened. It didn't fully explode, but could have gotten worse and who knows what could have happened. 
So we had to enjoy the moment and cool our moods with some panaché (beer and sprite mixed!!). 


That pretty much sums up my weekend.
Now it's Monday...and I think I just stay home and do what I wanted to do yesterday.

I'm linking up with Leeann, Sami and Dana for their Weekend Update blog hop.


How was your weekend???
Join the link up, or just tell me...hehe.

xoxo

7 comments :

Jamie said...

Sounds like a pretty great weekend.

DSR said...

That is so scary about the explosion, but glad no one was seriously hurt.

Meghan said...

Umm, wow! An explosion? Totally freaky!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

OK excuse my childish behavior here...but it's called Blue Balls? Lol?! Is that not the same meaning there as it is here? Sorry I had to ask!

Aw man I hope the people in the explosion are Oak. That's terrible :(

Here's to a great week! Thanks for linking up :)

k said...

similar w/e's! i also enjoyed blue balls and ikea :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! Lots of danger around you this weekend... good thing you stayed in your pjs most of it :)

Alisa Marie said...

Love Ikea and relaxing in my jammies! Great blog, I'm now following :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...