May 22, 2014

Southern California Ocean Adventures

I'm so excited to be guest posting on Selma's blog today, and even more excited to be writing about one of my favorite topics: ocean dreaming. I've gone on quite a few ocean adventures with Selma, from Laguna Beach to stopping by new beaches like Manhattan beach where we have created a lot of fun memories. Now that I live in Arizona and not Southern California I miss our beaches and ocean adventures dearly, but thankfully I have an ocean adventure coming up with Selma again. So what do I love the most about my ocean dreaming? Here are just a few things I love to do when exploring new coasting shores. You can do them too!

Walking the Pier

Walking on the pier is one of my favorite activities, as long as it isn't super cold outside. I love putting on my reef sandy flip flops and walking the entire pier. The ocean breeze is wonderful and on your way to the end of the pier you can peer out at sea and watch the surfers and the waves. I also like to wonder how it would feel jumping into the water from the pier, but I would never want to experience it. Sometimes I even like to go to Johnny Rockets, which is a yummy restaurant that is at the end of the pier in some of my favorite beach towns, such as Huntington Beach. You should try it!
{via}

Shopping Near the Sea

Selma knows that I love shopping, and shopping by the ocean is no exception! I love looking at the boutiques near the shore, and many times you'll fine specialized clothing and accessories that are beachy, beautiful, and fun. I also love buying a new maxi dress or reef flip flops while I'm there. If you're not familiar with reef flip flops, they are super comfortable and supportive of your feet as well. I've worn them ever since I graduated from college 7 years ago (wow, that long ago?!) and I still wear them today. They're my favorite flip flop brand! So yes, definitely hit the shops when you visit your favorite Southern California beaches. I know I do and I also bring Selma along! ;)
{via}

Walk the Beach

Last but not least, you must walk on the sand by the seashore when you visit the beach!  A visit to the beach is not complete without this. Maybe you can plan to lay out or put your feet in the water. I know I always want to and often times I do this if it's warm enough outside. I love, love to walk on the sand and just look out at the ocean and dream away. The ocean is so mysterious and should never be taken for granted. I can't wait to explore future beaches with Selma and there are so many more beaches to discover! Matter of fact, I mentioned this at the beginning of the post, but when I see her next we are headed to the beach yet again. I can't wait!!

{via}

2 comments :

Marie said...

Lovely post. I would love to walk the beach in Cali!! I wish I could remember the beach town we went to when I was in Southern Cali. It was a small town but so lovely.

Best, Mree

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You're making me want to go back to southern CA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...