November 18, 2014

Life doesn't stop for anybody


“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”
- Stephen Chbosky

I remind me of this every day. Every hour and even every minute.
My whole life I have been waiting for something or someone to smile and say hi and change my life. Not that my life was bad it just wasn't "it". Things did change, and partially I made them change. I lost friends along the way and gained new ones. I disappointed people, I even disappointed myself. Life however kept rolling like an endless roll of film. It didn't stop. It really doesn't stop. Life continues to amaze me and it continues to challenge me. I may not follow the path my family had in store for me to walk on, and I may not even walk the route I had personally intended to follow along...I am in a whole different place, away from my loved ones, my closest friends, my mom, and places I call home and fondly remember. Yet all that is part of who I am. It is me. It is my life. It is my path, and it is my own entire roll of film that doesn't stop for anyone.

With that being said...go out and enjoy your day. Don't wait for better weather, don't wait for sunshine or your friends to knock on your door. Step outside, walk, drink hot cocoa even when it's your bed time or finally open that bottle of wine, and clean the house. Paint those nails, or go on a spontaneous shopping trip {online or not}. Do it. Don't wait. Make the best out of today. Don't roll your eyes and say "I can't". You can, only if you really truly want to. Besides, it is your life, your film, and if you don't do it now when will you?!

xoxo

8 comments :

Allison said...

I love this and I needed it. I've been caught up with waiting, and you're totally right - I need to just get past it and do whatever I want WHEN I want to! :) Thanks for kicking my ass into gear a little today, girl. xo

Claire said...

Love all of this, so true. Stop thinking about it! Do it!

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

so very true! Love it

Anonymous said...

Great post. Something I need to remind myself of more often.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I am saving this post, I know I'm going to need it as a reminder one of these days.

Ashley said...

Yes ma'am. All true! :) Let's all become go-getters.

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

These are words that I needed to hear this morning - waiting gets you nowhere, you need to MAKE things happen!

C said...

Such a GREAT post! I need to forward this to a few friends who need to hear it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...