February 17, 2016

Silence is worse


“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” 
- Martin Luther King Jr.

I am having a rough week but that's okay. I get time to reflect on the last nine months, on my life, on friends, on family, on pretty much everything. I came across this quote and knew it was an appropriate one for today's Quote of the Day post. It fits so perfectly it's shocking. Silence is often worse than anything else. I have dealt with a lot of silence lately, and while I know that everyone lives a different life I feel a quick acknowledgement would be nice. It isn't that hard. At all. I appreciate the ones that do respond. Very much.

With that being said, the past nine months have been difficult. I am alone in this and wish I had a shoulder to cry on, or someone to distract me. I have two cats who keep me busy and entertained but to be honest, human interactions would be nice. Now you wonder, wait what, doesn't she have a man in her life? Yes, I do. It's not enough. Plus, he doesn't know how to deal with my loss. He deals with his losses differently and doesn't understand why it takes me longer, why I crave human interactions, friends, a routine, something. So, although I have him I am still alone. And when I reach out to people and silence is all I get in return it hurts. Deeply.

So, Martin Luther King Jr. was right. We will remember the silence of our friends rather than the harsh words of our enemies. Silence can be very loud!!


4 comments :

Alexandra S said...

First time stopping at your blog - just want to send some virtual hugs your way.

Kenya said...

I know silence all too well. It's not easy and I hope you find the answers and support you need. Hugs

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Oh Selma I am so sorry you feel this way. I would instantly go grab a coffee with you and listen. It's about time they invent beaming...,
I know how alone one can feel even though there is a man in ones life. Different circumstances but the loneliness I can relate. Wishing you lots of sunshine in your heat, Tobia

The Flynnigans said...

Girl I feel you. I'm not having a great week either and it's been depressing. I don't have any close girlfriends. And I need more than my partner, you know? I totally totally get you... *big big hugs my sweet*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...