December 12, 2009

Holy...

...weekend?! Maybe. It's the first time I actually did something on a Saturday morning. I went out early, walked through hundreds of people trying to buy something from the market, and then got my new contacts (how cheap was that btw?! WOW), and then had breakfast with a friend of mine. It was fun. Lots to discuss, lots to disagree and agree on. Random stuff. Very normal, huh?!
But I never go out on weekends. Why? My life's pathetic and right now I live in the wrong place/country, in the wrong era too and just everything seems dull and very boring. I enhance that grayness by watching tons of movies, and TV shows/series (you could call me a TV junkie), by decorating everything in bright colors and by just pretending I'm not where I am. My summer/fall/winter misery's back and that in full bloom...I also blame it on the season. As much as I love this time of year I also can't wait for it to be over. It makes me sad. Yes, I have almost everything to be thankful for and I know that there are thousands, heck, millions out there not being as healthy, privileged, or fortunate or whatever. I know all that. Though still...this time makes me think a lot, takes me back in time and makes me sometimes wallow too much. Sometimes it is a good feeling...sometimes it just tears me apart. But, well, as I said...in order to get rid of the grayness or to simply ignore it for a while I distract myself...

...I read books, catch up on hundreds of blog entries, and well, drink lots of green tea and eat the rest of my oh-so-yummy macaroons I bought yesterday!!! Plus, I just finished reading Amy's last blog entry and it's sort of funny that her story is pretty much about the same thing I just mentioned a few lines above...being more thankful for what we have and learn that there are plenty others out there not having what we have and what we don't value as much! If you haven't read it yet, click here.  Thanks Amy!!!

Holiday spirit!!! Christmas spirit!!!! You name it!!!
You are a great distraction sometimes.

 
all images from We ♥ It!

And a few movies that help me get back into the spirit...



 
 

 
 
all movie images via tumblr, we ♥ it, and google images

So many more movies to mention but I'm running out of time and patience!!! :)

Happy Saturday everyone.

xoxo

3 comments :

Katie said...

great movie selections! Happy Holidays! :)

Sara said...

I had my first gingerbread man today!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Great movies! I still haven't seen the one with SJP in it! I need to go get it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...