December 13, 2009

Oh Good Ol' Times...

Have I ever told you that I'm a huge sucker when it comes to old movies?! Or old things in general?! I'm sure I have, and if not now you know one more fact about me. Granted, we all have a thing or two for black and white pictures, maybe even movies, vintage clothes and decoration and all that...somewhere in there we all like it. Some more than others, and some may be still in denial, and others might not even like it at all. That is totally okay but I am one of those who loves old movies and songs the most. Things that inspired us (all of us humans I mean), things that influenced the future, the today we know, and things that will eventually live on and continue to inspire and influence our grandchildren...that's what I love. I get goose-bumps just by listening to old songs, songs we all heard about and maybe even know by heart. Songs I would love my children to know and would love for everyone else to know, too. Or movies...some are just classics and shouldn't be forgotten, ever. Movies with great stories, and trivia. It is quite sad if great films from the past get ignored or forgotten just because they are, well, old and maybe in black and white or maybe with bad quality because let's face it...technology wasn't as advanced back then. But, they still made fabulous movies. And what is better than watching such kind of movies or even parts of them during this festive holiday season?! Huh?! Not even a GBL can top that one...okay...it may, but only if I sip it while watching old movies! YES. So, what I wanted to say in the first place is this...I love old movies, and old songs and especially during this time of year!! If you don't, that is okay. Just know I'm crying right now on the inside but I am as tough as even possible on the outside....

...and yes, I couldn't resist sharing these songs...






Have a fabulous Sunday!!! It is snowing outside. Not heavily, and not really nicely either. Kinda looks like rain though most of it gets stuck on cars or on the grass. More would be fun. Maybe by tomorrow or Tuesday...it's supposed to go down to 20 degrees if not less, and that is bitter cold. Brrrrrrr.....

xoxo

4 comments :

rachaelgking said...

Bing Crosby's White Christmas gets me EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Love it!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love old movies! I am watching Miracle on 34th Street (original in black and white) and before this I watched It's A Wonderful Life!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love old movies and the old Christmas songs! I think they're great!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Oh, I so want to see Miracle on 34th Street in black and white. Love a Wonderful Life!!! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...