February 3, 2014

Monday Morning Gossip - I will miss you!!

There are certain topics on this blog I simply don't discuss. It is not because I don't want to but I feel it is not my place to talk about them because well, I cannot change anything or make anything happen with what I'm saying. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I am right.

A while back, last year around September, I learned that a dear friend of mine might get deployed overseas. It was a huge might because he said technically he is good to go but there were people ahead of him and if they get chosen he has to wait or what not. So he shrugged it off and we all did but this idea of him getting deployed always lingered. About two weeks ago he got the news that it is now official and that he is leaving. 

Mixed feelings occurred. On one hand it is something he always wanted to do and it is something he has been working on and for. It is his job. Yet on the other hand I just don't think he deserves going. Might sound selfish but I never had a very close friend get deployed. I had friends who did but they never fully meant much (ok, sounds harsh...but let's just say we weren't that close of friends). Yet with him, it is different. He's a very close friend - almost like a brother to me. I just cannot see him leave. Yet, well, it is his job and it is time for him to follow through with what he had started a while ago.

With that being said...he has a little more than two weeks left in California and then he is going overseas. We all have mixed feelings about this. He is however optimistic and happy, and I believe that is all that counts. No?

So, when I see videos or hear stories of soldiers returning home it just makes me happy and sad at the same time. I cannot wait to see him a few more times before he leaves and cannot wait for him to come back so he can enjoy our lovely and kitschy welcome home poster!!! We promised him this two years ago and I keep my promises - no matter what!

This is my Monday Morning Gossip of today or this week.
I came across the following clip and yes, I'm sure most of you have seen this before...or a similar one. It just touches my heart. The tissues I had were simply not enough.


Linking up with Monday Morning Gossip over at Leeann's!

Happy Monday and have a fabulous start into this week!

xoxo

1 comment :

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw man, that's such a tough situation. I've been lucky and haven't had anyone too close to me deployed. I any even imagine what that feels like.

The stories are so touching and I am so so thankful for all out soldiers (and their family and friends for supporting them) do for us.

Thanks for posting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...