June 27, 2014

A Summer List



 

Every year right around spring and early beginning of summer I start to dream of what summer will have in store for me. I would create a list with things I always wanted to try, do, or explore. I would also have lists for each season but the summer list would be the biggest of all. Usually, I would travel around Europe; Germany, France, Italy, Spain, England, Greece or/and Turkey. I would also hang out with friends and enjoy open-air music festivals, eat out more than usual and enjoy late summer nights out on the town – with 80 degrees at 9 at night it would feel pretty darn good. 

This year my summer looks a little different. I am not traveling to Europe. I am far away from my friends and family. I am in California. I am personally and hopefully also professionally growing. Plus, I am no longer alone. Yet, all this change will not hinder me to dream of fun summer activities as well as make some of these dreams actually come true – and a new place just asks for a fun and new summer list with exciting things to do!

Here’s my list for this year. It will be fun to come back to this list and cross a few things off from time to time. After all, I want this summer to be a great one; especially since this marks a new part of my life.  

  • Explore more of Sacramento and surroundings {as of 7/1 we saw 95% of Sacto}
  • Visit Orange County {going early August}
  • Travel to and explore the Reno area {completed, yet will be going back a few times}
  • Visit San Francisco
  • Visit Monterey  
  • Go to one or two wineries
  • Make strawberry mojitos 
  • Make sangrias
  • Make popsicles
  • Bake a gluten free apple pie, and maybe a plum pie
  • Go to the Farmer's Market hopefully twice a month
  • Go to the beach because we miss it so terribly much
  • Watch a movie at an outdoor movie theater – preferably a drive-in theater
  • Go hiking
  • Read at least four books
  • Catch up on my favorite shows (Criminal Minds included)
  • Decorate the apartment with artwork so it looks welcoming and less boring
  • Turn off my phone for at least two hours each day starting July 1 for two months (yes, each day)
  • Find a job (not a summer goal but it must happen this summer)
Do you make lists, or am I the only crazy one?
Would love to hear what you have planned this summer.

Have a great weekend.

 image via DustJacket

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...