May 15, 2009

Dreaming

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
And she's buying a stairway to heaven....

Know this song? I'm sure you do and if you don't I'm sure you are just not familiar with its lyrics.
The reason I picked this song is that our local radio station played it a minute ago and while I feel like living an absurd dream or being part of one, the song made me dream and escape reality...even just for a few minutes.
It was a good dream; one I needed.

Have you ever felt tired in your life? I'm sure you have, but have you ever felt tired like really tired so your eyes literally closed and you half way didn't really care if someone saw it or not? Not in school or so but mainly at work? Unfortunately this has happened to me. I feel ashamed. This has never ever happened before. I won't allow it to happen again. Though it sort of did. For once though the computer I'm working with and the programs did not really work well and the screen always froze on me for about five minutes which made working even worse. You want to work and finish up your stuff and go on to the next but what if you can't work as fast as you want because your device is slowing you down? Yes, this happened to me. So, trying to finish something that takes some time anyways and needs to be precise and all... I ended up working on it for over 4 hours. Normally it takes 30 minutes, max. one hour. My eyes still hurt, and my head was, heck, still is exploding. Not to mention that this unspeakable and unthinkable happened...my eyes giving up on me and closing without my permission. I'm still ashamed. No one saw anything and the triple shots of espresso I got before, while and after all that writing sadly didn't help as much. I feel worse now. Maybe it's guilt that's now haunting me just because I had no power over my misbehaving eyes. Maybe. Either way I could escape for a few minutes listening to Led Zeppelin's song.
Dreaming always helps...writing does too.

Happy Weekend everyone.
Hope you're having great days ahead of you!!!

1 comment :

Shokoofeh said...

oh I'm so pleased to see that my picture can make someone happy! indeed! :)

thanks!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...