February 2, 2015

February Food Challenge - No Alcohol


Last month I posted about an idea or dare I say challenge I found in this vast blog world. I am following through.

For the month of January I nixed sweets {NOT sugar}. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Living gluten free has made me more conscious about what I eat; I had to give up lots and lots of sweets. Over time I found foods to replace my urge for desserts. Remember, I don't like chocolate and even though chocolate is naturally gluten free I won't touch it - so if you thought I suffered because I couldn't have chocolate anymore you were mistaken. However, having a major sweet tooth and being gluten free has been an obstacle; one I learned to live with. Gluten free bakeries exist but none never rocked my world. Kara's cupcakes is the only place I go weak when it comes to gf cupcakes. They are to die for. Literally. They are the most delicious and moist cupcakes ever made. Perfection. Enough about them, I'm already drooling. So, giving up sweets last month wasn't difficult. I basically made sure I didn't get close to candy, gf cookies {glutino's gluten free wafers are my favorites}, cake mixes, sugar cubes or anything dessert-like. Sweets to me are more cookies and candy. Staying away from sugar will be the worst challenge I believe...so stay tuned, it's in a few months. 


This month I am giving up alcohol. In all forms. No more wine, gf beer, mixed drinks {as if I am drinking this much}, martinis, etc etc. No more! Lucky me, I chose February to go through with this challenge. It's the shortest month; I chose wisely because I love wine!!!

Wish me luck, and excuse me while I devour a cupcake.

xoxo
Linking up with Globetrotting in Heels
 images via here and here

4 comments :

Sara Strand said...

I don't drink at all, ever, so I'd be totally able to do this challenge. :)

The Flynnigans said...

Just curious, are you celiac or just prefer to eat a GF diet?

Good luck on February's plan. Enjoy your sweets now, January is over with. :P

Lindsay
www.theflynnigans.com

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I just told Iz since we're trying to be healthier so we need to cut the alcohol down. Not sure that's going to be too much fun. Good luck giving it up this month!

C said...

Ahh, now I see you just don't like chocolate. Haha! Smart thinking on your part for the shortest month. :) I need to give up sweets again. I'm going on vacation later this month so I'll start when I get back. I don't want to miss out on local treats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...