August 20, 2015

My Europe Trip {1}


In May I had to abruptly fly to Europe to spend incredible last hours with my mom and say my good-byes to her. I am still in awe at how everything turned out to be so negative, so unfair, so fast and so unexpected. However, it was the right thing to do, and today I know it was the right timing for me. If I had gone earlier to see her my hopes would have been up and I would have been more devastated. I still carry anger with me, and I am still upset at everything but I understand that this needed to happen whether or not I liked the outcome. 

So flying to Europe was not exactly a positive trip for me, BUT even on my saddest and darkest days I tried to find happiness and enjoy my months in Europe. Being back home was fantastic yet sad. I was able to see some friends and their beautiful children, see family, talk endless hours about life and love, eat my favorite dishes, see sights I hadn't seen in years, and I learned that no matter what happens in life, we gotta move forward and keep smiling. I wanted to do more but did not have the energy to do so. Exhaustion sucks. 

Finding happiness and beauty was one major thing that kept me going {and knowing I will be reunited with my favorite person again of course}. So with my old iPhone I captured what I could and today I am sharing it with you.

Switzerland - the Swiss weather blessed us most days...hot, blue skies, and some rain at times. Perfection.


Yes I saw that sheep. It was actually a cute one. I still kept my distance though. I took a lot of shots of the lake, panoramas of my hometown, and of simple, ordinary things most people take for granted and would not even ever consider taking a photo of. Imagine me taking photos of cobblestones, a bottle of soda, and street names. Weird, I know. I had a good time in Switzerland despite everything.

Today I am coming to terms with everything, and I know it is for the better that I am in California and not in Europe at the moment. Fingers crossed I get to recover smoothly and happily. Just blogging alone and knowing I am doing this somewhat on a regular basis again is a good sign I think. No?!

I have more photos to share with you but didn't want to share too much at once. :)

Hope your day is going great!!!

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo

P.s. Don't worry, I didn't eat any of that pastry. I was trying to but friends kept me away. Good friends, really good friends.

3 comments :

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't even imagine how hard this trip was but you really seem to be finding the positive and that's great!

The Flynnigans said...

What a sense of calm washed over me when I look at that swan picture.

And that sheep - omg how cute was he?!?

Hugs hugs hugs girlfriend xo

Marie said...

I can't even imagine how difficult this all has been for you. I love your positive attitude, it's so refreshing. You are such a strong person. Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...