July 15, 2014

Try

Next time you put a ton of make-up on think about this...is that really you? 

Don't get me wrong, I love make-up. I love to put it on and feel girlie. Yet, I also prefer the clear, clean, no-make up days. It is then totally me, and my skin can breathe. Plus, our other halves should appreciate us for who we are without the fake color on our skin. Besides, if he says he loves how you look when you don't even have mascara on and just wear moisturizer {not tinted though}, then you know he loves you for who you are and not for what you think you must look like to him. If he or anyone for that matter doesn't like you at all when you are naked so to speak, then well, sorry! Just saying.

Love this video and the message it sends. Colbie as well as other singers and actors have been speaking out about photo-shopped appearances in magazines and on TV. To me, this video is not solely about the misguided photos we see in magazines and think we need to strive for the same {fake} perfection. To me, this video is about accepting us for who we are and how we look. Accepting our flaws, our freckles, our scars, our weight, our crooked nose, and our short hair or lashes.

I have to say I always wear mascara and lip gloss unless I stay home. Just saying, I think a little makeup is fine - at least if he doesn't distort your natural look.

This video has been going around on Facebook, Twitter, and even on the News. If you haven't heard about it or even seen it...have a look and let me know what you think!!


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...