July 24, 2011

Weekend Thoughts

My lovely readers,
Where should I begin?
I have hardly no words to describe this weekend.

My weekend started Thursday, and pretty much ends today, Sunday.

Thursday was great. I had a fun time with my friend and her kids. I even realized my future changes are happening for real. I mean, I talked about it, and I've briefly written about it, but then I received something in the mail and I knew that the changes I talked and wrote about are happening and that I'm going to have a whole year full of adventures. Good ones I'm sure. It's just tough to see my friends right now, talk and laugh and then eventually cry. See-you's have become really really tough...

...and then Friday happened.
Friday was both, all bright, glittery and fun and then baaaam...not so fun anymore.
It's not the mood swings (hello?! I'm not that old!! Yet!), it's tragedies that kill the fun, and kill the sunshine in our lives. I used the word kill, because yes, it's what happened on Friday. Not here, but close enough for me to be speechless, wordless, in shock and in pure disgust. This happens when people decide to ruin lives, end lives and still think it's fantastic what they did. I have no words whatsoever for what happened in Norway. I simply have no words, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by this cruel tragedy, this act of violence against humankind.
Really I have no words.
 

...and then Saturday and Sunday happened, and Sunday is still happening.
Not only is it cold, rainy, windy and just very November like in July, it also is sad. Not just the constant news and updates (and I literally turned off the TV at some point!), but also the constant see-you's I had to go through. Over and over again. It made me appreciate life more, enjoy the bad days and moments we all know exist, and it all made me love every single moment I feel pain, and angst to lose someone or something. It's part of life. Holding my friend's baby was the best thing ever this weekend. It made me smile. It made me even sing, and swing, and talk funny but it was one of the best things ever. I even stopped her from crying. She's got her whole life ahead of her. She's such a sweet and precious little one. And, I'm gonna miss her. She'll be walking by the time I see her next time. I know that much. It already breaks my heart.

However, life is still beautiful.
Life is what we all should enjoy. Every moment, even when we feel pain and feel like everything is going against us. Life is still happening. And it should be cherished.


So my lovely readers...

...I hope your weekend is less tragic, less sad, and a lot warmer. I'm seriously considering taking out my gloves. My scarf is my best friend these days...never thought I'd say this in July. :(

And, as I briefly mentioned it, yes, changes are happening.
I'm going to be moving.
And this my readers will not happen in two months from now, but pretty much in six days! 6!!!!
I'll be pretty busy and emotional, and overwhelmed for the next few weeks but it's going to be alright. I know that much. It always will.
Your good vibes were needed and I received them in all their strength and thank you, for thinking of me. :) It worked!

What does this mean now?
Am I going to be away for a long time?
Don't worry. I'm still going to be around, going to be blogging. Though in the meantime and until I get my regular schedule settled and all I have a few amazing guest bloggers helping me out while I'm busy changing my life. And I will still find time to check in on all of you and read your blogs, and even write a post on my own for a change. I have no idea how often but I know the second I buy a new laptop (yes, right I'm gonna buy a new one!! Any suggestions?!!) and things are slowly settled and all I'll be back in full force! :) With new adventures, new exciting and maybe funny stories...it's going to be all fine!!!


So stay tuned!!!

Happy weekend everyone!!!

xoxo,
      Selma

10 comments :

Malin said...

Thanks for thinking about us sweets!

Good luck with the move! I'm excited to hear more about it! :)

Abby said...

I admire how you are able to adapt to change! Congrats on all the exciting things going on in your life!

Meghan said...

What a beautiful post. We always need to remember that there are good people in this world in the face of tragedy.

You are going to ROCK this next phase of your life, my dear! I love that you have embraced these changes. We are all cheering for you!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay!!! Good news :) Although goodbyes are tough, you'll be embarking on an amazing journey and will one day be reunited with your friends!

SO happy for you!

k said...

wow 6 days!!??

molly b. said...

Selma, I am with you. Such sadness in the world around us these past few days. Hope your time of transitioning is a happy one. xo

Thelma Frayne said...

It is horrible what happened over the weekend- with you on that!

Think of the positive and good luck with the changes xx

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Wow! Wow, that's a lot of change in one week? I hope you can get all you need to get done done and that it is a fun experience and not a burden! If I were closer I'd help ya!

Ashley said...

Good luck with those changes! See you on the other side...and have you revealed where you're going?? I can't wait to know! :)

Sierra said...

Safe travels my love! Can't wait to see you soon and so sorry about the pain that you have been going through (with leaving and with Norway,) you are loved and you will make it through! xoxo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...