September 4, 2014

Afghan Hands

Just yesterday I watched the news and then forgot to change the channel while I was cleaning our apartment, and Katie {the show} came up. I am not into daily morning shows unless it is the news. Yet, I kept watching. That is how I learned about Afghan Hands

Afghan Hands is a nonprofit organization and wants to give women in Afghanistan a chance for a better life, and show them that they can create objects of great beauty. The scars of great trauma and long-time abuse, and the loss of hope is slowly being transformed into something beautiful and good. Women learn to create embroidered shawls and scarves, and their exquisite embroidery connects them to a wider world - and to us.

As a scarf lover you can just imagine my instant happiness. I was blown away. Also, I like nonprofit organizations that help others in need and actually make a change. So I thought I would share this with you, my lovelies. These scarves are not cheap. Yet, we sometimes splurge on a big fancy bag, so why not splurge on a scarf - that is, if you are into scarves. I already started saving money and will order hopefully one by October or November. :) I don't want to spend any money on new clothing, accessories and all that for the entire month of September.  Also, I don't think my favorite person will enjoy to see another scarf in my already huge collection. At least this one will be beneficial to women in need. I also know how hard it is for women to grow up. It is far more difficult to be a woman. Maybe not in the western world, but once you learn about or hear of stories from women in the Middle East, Africa, or any other country not as fortunate and as open as others, you will agree with me. 

Anyways, here's a few scarves I loved when I went on their website. I cannot wait to splurge and wrap myself in a comfy, elegant, and just gorgeous, handmade scarf!


The last one is by far my favorite!
Do you love scarves as much as I do?

Happy Thursday!
Cannot believe this week is almost over. Time sure flies.

images via 1 | 2 | 3 |

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was NOT asked to write for Afghan Hands and was not gifted anything.

1 comment :

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

What a beautiful cause with gorgeous products! The first is my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...