September 9, 2014

Garlic Love


Oh garlic!!
Are you like me loving this stinking rose?!

For years, well thousands of years, garlic has been used as food and even medicine. My mom always said it is good for the heart and soul. She had a point. After a little research on several medical centers' websites garlic was used as an antiseptic to prevent infections during war times. It was also used to fight plagues. Today it is commonly used to prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even boost our immune system, and help with iron metabolism. Some say it may also protect against cancer.Since it is rich in antioxidants it helps to fight off free radicals which contribute to heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's disease. I am sure it has many more benefits but to go into details here, or for me to research would be too much.

I am by no means a doctor or expert in this field of garlic awesomeness. However, I know that a little garlic won't hurt any meal or body. I try to use it as often as possible. When I make my Turkish cucumber-yogurt dish, prepare pasta and its sauces, and to spice up and add some flavor to my fish dishes first thing I use is garlic. My favorite person likes garlic and is okay with it as long as he doesn't see it. I'll crush most of it or really thinly slice it anyways, so that's fine.

Garlic smells best {not tastes best} when I brown it slowly with butter. It's to die for. Ever done that? Love garlic? Then you know how yummy it smells. Knowing that when I use garlic I add some beneficial factor to our daily diet is just makes me happy. I cannot get enough of this 

Oh, and just if you were wondering if there is a place dedicated to garlic go check out The Stinking Rose in either Los Angeles or San Francisco!!! If you're into garlic I think that's a pretty good place to go, too. I'm already hungry. I might cook something garlic-y tonight!!

images via 1 | 2 |

2 comments :

Claire said...

Gotta love Garlic, even though your breath won't...haha!

God bless,
XO, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Somehow I've never been to the Stinking Rose and I lived pretty close to the one in LA. There used to be one by the Brea Mall too. It may have been a different restaurant but same idea. Not sure if it's still there. I love garlic so I need to check!

Have you ever been to Gilroy? You're not too, too far from there now you're up north :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...