September 15, 2014

How I Spent My Weekend


Our weekends usually start on Friday early afternoon. My favorite person chose Friday as a school day {who in the world does that?} and so he doesn't get out until 1pm. For weeks he had been bugging me to go find a massage place because his back had been killing him. I am not a huge fan of anything chain related {except Starbucks} but would not know of any other well-known company that offered massages and wouldn't charge a super fortune. So, we got us both appointments for Friday late afternoon and oh boy, it was just what we both needed.

I knew I was stressed and therefore tense, but apparently I was more tense than I thought I would be. Moving to another area, trying to adjust to a whole different lifestyle up here {I miss Los Angeles and Orange County, let me tell you}, the heat, the problems we have had with our apartment/TV set up, the many things I have to work on in order to make it happen here in general, our whole new life together, and the heat...it's peanuts but they all add up and they all cause pain. So, the massage was needed. Next month I am going back. I felt so much more relaxed and happy afterwards. Best Friday Date ever!

Saturday and Sunday we pretty much just chilled. He had to work and I was trying to find new recipes. Also, since moving up here we both have been dealing with allergies. We have always had allergies before and after a few weeks they'd go away. Not here. Anything we have been taking works only a few hours and then we are right back to where we started. Crying, sneezing, more crying, swollen eyes, you name it. Many people suggested to go to a local beekeeper and buy local honey sticks, or honey. Saturday it was our turn to stop by and get some honey because I was tired of the constant sneezing and watery eyes. The honey is amazing, and hopefully after a while will help us get adjusted to the area.


Other than that it was a boring weekend.
I am hoping for some more fun ones. I miss my girlfriends and brunch dates, or just coffee dates. Hopefully I find a way to enjoy these fun moments up here as well; with or without my friends. Hahaha. I will have a Selma-by-herself Brunch weekend update coming soon...let's hope that will never happen.

Happy Monday everyone.

Sending you warm hugs, literally.

xoxo

P.s. I am linking up with Leeann and Kimberlee for Monday Morning Gossip. You should, too.

4 comments :

Marie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are the worst!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I need a massage in the worst way!

Meghan said...

I was never a massage person either, but then I got a sports massage, and I loved it so much I get them on a monthly basis!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I am such a sissy last week I went for a foot massage and they also did a 10 minute back massage and I was trying not to cry. Massages hurt me so bad! I need to start telling them. I literally have bruises lol.

I hope the honey works for you!

Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...