July 14, 2009

I Won't Disagree

I had a dream...not what you think now. Or maybe it is what you think. Probably another one of my silly dreams that makes no sense or makes only sense to me (heck, it was my dream after all). Or it's just one of those ridiculous illusions you get when you feel you've had enough. Maybe. Maybe not.


source

I was literally walking here...ok, maybe not exactly here but at least it sort of looks like what I saw in my dream. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with my wish to go back to some sort of beach and walk on sand and just feel freedom, maybe as wind brushing through my hands...who knows. All I know is that I saw myself walking on sand, going towards the water and then returning this way looking back and seeing what's on this picture. Weird and nice at the same time.

Do you believe in dreams?
Do they mean anything to you?

To me, dreams are illusions and possible events in the future and even in the past. They tell a story. Our mind is constantly working even though we believe we put it to rest for a while but it constantly moves and engages itself in some action...and I believe dreaming is one big adventure for our brain. Mine went nuts last night. Granted, it was a nice dream. At least I wasn't running away from anyone, nor falling down, nor crying or whatever...
Thanks to a friend of mine I learned about a dream website. It's an online guide to dream interpretation. You can discuss this topic for hours, heck years, and still end up puzzled. Some believe in whatever dreams try to tell us, others don't. Some say, Jung and Freud were geniuses and others may so holy disagree with any of what they claimed in their lifetimes that this whole topic could go on forever. It intrigues me, I have to admit. But I digress...as usual.

Looking up what "Beach" meant in my dream or what it possibly could mean was this:

To see the beach in your dream, symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.
To dream that you are on the beach and looking out toward the ocean, indicates unknown and major changes that are occurring in your life. Consider the state of the ocean, whether it is calm, pleasant, forbidding, etc.
To dream that you are looking toward the beach, suggests that you are returning to what is
familiar to you. Alternatively, you may be adapting or accepting to the changes and
circumstances in your life.


All from www.dreammoods.com

This got me thinking...my unconscious "talked" to me...or didn't. Or did I really just make it all up and believe in a dream that didn't even exist. The interpretation is quite astounding. All so very true. Not to 100% but close enough for me to believe in dreams, or in their interpretations. The website I used might not be fully accurate and you could argue about so many things, but psychology and everything else affiliated with this psyche of ours etc etc is a broad and intense subject. One I love. However, reading what "beach" meant and knowing what I saw in my dream made me think - a lot. Is this another sign?! Do I really still believe in signs?! What should I believe in?! As for my dream and its possible signs...I won't disagree...on any of it. At least for today.

Have a terrific day!

1 comment :

paddle to shore said...

I always find myself dreaming of the last possible thing I was thinking of or speaking of when I was awake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...