October 24, 2010

Crazy Monday Randomness

When you have free time on your hands and not so much to do with it your mind goes crazy. In a good way, that is. Your mind wanders and lets you remember things, lets you look at things differently, lets you dream and lets you hope. It shows you ideas, helps you imagine and it just goes round and round...with so much time and so much heavy work going on up there it's no wonder I'm feeling dizzy. So, here's what I liked about last week and what I'm looking forward to this week. In no particular order that is. ;)

♥  sunshine (finally!)
♥  lunch/dessert time with my friend before her departure (see you soon again N!!)
♥ Criminal Minds
♥  Halloween!!
♥  Quotes

I told you once I'm trying real hard to find happiness and tranquility.
It's not easy but it's what keeps me going. Every day I find something new that either makes me laugh, smile, or just enjoy life. This can vary from a quote or a colorful leaf to a movie or a weird comment on my facebook page. :) Apparently I need to wear big, pink fuzzy slippers to the grocery store!

So today I'm literally sharing random things with you.
Ready?! Yes? Good. ;)

A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another, the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.
the Buddha 

I love the above picture. It has fall written all over. At least I think so.

And another quote:

I'm thankful for my years spent with this family; for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them and lead by their example; wherever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or I don't want to walk around angry. Or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go.
A.J. Cook

And since Halloween is pretty much around the corner and I miss it (if I ever get to have my own house, I will go crazy decorating!!)...here's some things I found and love. I told ya, very random.

all via tumblr

Oh yes, my mind goes crazy. Besides the above mentioned and all the cute little tumblr pictures I'm also constantly thinking about whether or not I should visit Louisiana or not, and if so, what kind of suitcase I should travel with and when so how I'm going to do all of this. Lots of thinking, lots of weird things, lots of ridiculous randomness it drives me nuts. I keep myself balanced with some of my favorite shows, nailpolish I need to use and can work with, Christmas presents (yes, I just need three more and I'm done!), laundry, and movies that keep me distracted, entertained and amused. :) It's not a lot, and it's not getting me anywhere but it's something. It's better than staying in bed with boredom. It's better than crying, and it's better than working where I used to work. Trust me on this, I am well aware that I need to work on my life and need to find a job and all that but you can also be very sure that I'm well aware of the fact that I'm better off without the job I had. Sometimes it takes longer to accept this, and it takes sometimes months or years to realize this but the time has come and I am grateful for that specific moment. It was some time this June where I was literally told I'm not good enough, practically stupid. I know I'm not, because honestly (and quite sadly) I was the only one in that work place with a college degree. This already told me that I'm not stupid, but I may just be different and not fit for this area or that work. I realized I needed something new, and needed something better. It's those moments that show the true face of life, and the true face of love. So, can you see where I'm going with this? No? Neither can I.
I'm telling you, it's been an awful week. Lots of ups and downs. More downs than ups and at times I just thought I'd lose it all together. Of course I didn't and I'm thankful for that. I was and slightly am a huge mess. However, I was able to book a flight to L.A., and look forward to time away and time in a place I miss and love. It's what counts, right? It's what should count no matter what. So, my crazy mind goes round and round and so far it doesn't seem to stop. Maybe better so. Let's hope it has something in store for me, something that will help me reach my happy goal, so I can spice this site up with more happier posts. Ok?! Okay!!!

With that said, I'm hoping you all had a fabulous weekend.
And let's hope you're all going to have an even better week...I know I will...starting with a visit to the dental lady. Yes. How fantastic for a Monday!! Just what I needed. 

The crazy little writer...

xoxo,


♥ Selma ♥

3 comments :

Sara said...

I hope you find their happiness and your peace of mind. I really do.

k said...

these were such great quotes! and that book looks gooooood. i think you have some exciting times coming up! i need to email you back;)

Unknown said...

Maybe LA has in store for you just what your soul is looking for. Then you can just be yourself and then nothing else matters, because things will fall into place once you fine the right path.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...