March 14, 2010

Sunday Love

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.
Mine was...ya know...the usual...filled with work.


You would think it being mid-March and all that spring would slowly decide to appear or at least send its tiny brothers and sisters "blue-ish sky, cute blossoms, and baby birds" so we'd finally start to enjoy the season. But no...it's extremely cold and extremely gray outside. The only thing that cheered me up today was my regular Vanilla Latte...and the fact that I wasn't the only one complaining about the weather. :)

What bothers me now *and yes, it's not work related...woohoo* is that I have to pack my suitcase. Well, let me rephrase that...I already did pack my suitcase but I'm not happy with what I've got in there so I'm tempted to take everything out again and start from scratch. BUT, I don't have time for this and I don't want to do it and well, traveling sucks. ;) I used to be good at this. I suck today. This task is very difficult. For years I just put in a few shirts, toiletries, one pair of flip flops, underwear, some PJs and souvenirs. Nothing more. This year?! I'm flying to a completely different city, with a very different climate (although checking weather.com it is definitely nicer in Philly than it is over here and we normally have the same weather). I don't want to pack too much because I want to have lots of space for my future purchases. And you all should know by now that I love shopping and I won't be stopped doing so when I'm in the US. ;) I already wrote down all the stores and boutiques I need to visit, and friends handed me notes with detailed items they want me to get them. Bath and Body Works' hand lotion is apparently a very very very loved item. ;) Won't disagree with that. ;) But, packing in general is just horrible. I think I'm okay with what I've got so far in my lovely "red" *and yes, it's my suitcase's name* Red is not fully packed and won't be, because I need space for whatever I'm gonna be buying. I won't overdo myself in PA but given there's not sales tax on clothes in Philly...ya never know. And if you haven't known this tiny fact now you do. ;) It's not a secret, it's also written in all those guide books. Plus, I emailed my friend and asked if they by any chance changed that fact and apparently they haven't so I'm gonna be in shopping heaven. And I bet ya, now I'm so looking forward to all that crazy window and store shopping...the second I enter those stores and boutiques I won't find a thing and end up wearing the same clothes day in and day out. Grrrrr....

So yes...packing's my thing this weekend. And I'm almost done. I want to be prepared ahead of time. Way ahead.  I'm already nervous. Good nervous. Sad nervous, but excited nervous. Makes sense?! Sure does to me.


And oh, if any of you have suggestions on what to see/do/shop/eat in either NYC or Philly let me know. I'm always open to new things and great suggestions. I've been to Philly and my friends live there so it's likely that I know the place or read about it or whatever...but NYC? It's been ten years and the city's changed...so the more suggestions the betters. ;) We'll be going one weekend I think, so there might be a chance for us to discover some fun places. Let me know. Email or comment, either way is fine.


:D

And well, in other news....I'm literally catching up with LOST.
I love this show. It's one of those that makes me think 24/7, and which lets me dream and have visions and ideas. It's a crazy show but its fantasy filled plot makes it almost impossible not to watch. BUT, if you fail to watch one episode you may lose your mind when you watch the following one...and this is what had happened to me, so I stopped watching entirely. I was fed up with all those new faces and couldn't understand a bit. So now, something hit me and I just decided to watch it all again from Season One and Episode One...up until pretty much now. ;) I watch up to four episodes a day. Insane I know but apparently I need some insanity right now. I'm way too serious and need to be distracted a bit. This insane show keeps me sane! :D
So looking forward to the moment it is over and I can resume my normal non-TV life. ;)

Happy Sunday everyone.

xoxo

4 comments :

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Isn't packing frustrating?!? It's like you know you have to get it done but at the same time it's such a pain yet...exciting cause you're getting leave. Maybe that made no sense lol

Mara said...

I love lost! have fun getting caught up. Packing is my least favorite part of traveling. But just think of how much fun you'll have!

Sierra said...

Lost is a great show, I think I am going to have to watch it after it ends though - I'm too behind at this point.

You are going to LOVE NYC, I loved it. Enjoy packing girl!

Tokyo Girl said...

There is a great tapas restaurant north of Union Square that you must try! It's called 'Casa Mono' - very cozy and lots of good food and wine, lunch and dinner!
http://www.mariobatali.com/restaurants_casamono.cfm
I recommend making reservations if you go for dinner.

I also love The City Bakery. They have the best bakes goods, and a great deli bar for lunch.
http://thecitybakery.com/

And of course cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes :)

Have a wonderful trip!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...