March 11, 2010

Thursday Blah...

This week has been insane. Good insane for the most part.
Not only did I have to work more, I also almost got into a fight with one of the bosses. Reason is simple...he thinks that whatever we do is stupid and that we as human beings are useless. His words, not mine. He also admitted he thinks that we need to be observed more on how we do things, because it seems we're doing squat and if we do relevant things it is just not right. Basically, we're useless and should be monitored like rats in the lab. And what my co-workers had been doing for the past twenty plus year is obsolete now. Literally. It's all in the past and the future is bright and waiting for all of us. His words, not mine.

On Tuesday I just knew that with the big change at work nothing will be the same anymore. Can't say if it's going to be positive or negative change. It's change, and I don't mind it at all. I mind the way it is introduced to us and how we've been treated lately. There wasn't a day someone was happy at work. Talk about good work climate. Everyone was tense, everyone hated whatever they had to do and no one seemed pleased to see the main guy responsible for this mess. So this was insane. Good but also quite bad. It may not sound insane but trust me, I almost cried at work and almost lost it. And when that happens it happens and I know right there and then that I am unhappy and this is just not what I'm supposed to do.

Don't worry I am okay now.
I hope. ;-)

I believe that it is time to start what I've been literally talking about for so long. BIG Change.
I may just start with a hair cut but at least it's a beginning, right?!
What I also believe is that we're responsible for our own happiness, and on Tuesday I told my mom the news. If my work is unappreciated and gets reduced to nothing I don't think I can stay any longer. Six more months I am officially done. It is time to end this mess. However, I do not know what comes next. In all honesty I am lost. But ya know what...I won't think about it now. I may deny my miserable state for the next six months, I may not. For right now, I'm going to be enjoying the rest of the old days at work, and the horrible gusty winds we've been having and then head on over east for a few weeks. Woohoo!!!
After that and all...things may change for the better...but that I can't say and won't even think about for one minutes. We don't know how this change will affect us. We know it will, we just don't know how so we're going with whatever and see where it leads us to. :(  Uneasy feeling but oh well.

So besides the weird and tense work climate and the fact that winter seems to linger on forever...there are some happy moments in my life, too. :) YES.

♥  Sushi Night  that cost us a fortune but was worth every penny *I so wanna go back now*
♥  The occasional rays of sun
♥  Lots of chocolate in my half packed suitcase *so not for me, because ya know I hate it*
♥  An email from my cousin letting me know she's coming to visit me in Philly
♥  Knowing the weather's way better over there than here *what is up with this weather here??!!*
♥  TV that keeps me sane and entertained
♥  my right hand not hurting anymore (finally!!!!)

And yes, if I could I would go back to that Sushi place and order some more tea, dessert, and all that. We had a blast and we laughed so hard it was beyond funny...some funny incident happened with my friend and I on the way out of the bathroom there and we just couldn't stop laughing anymore. :) Besides, I would give anything to have a sink just like the one there...wow...it looked like a real white almond with flowers all over. Ok, weird description but still...just wonderful.

And YES, winter's still here...we have temps in the 30s now. Luckily not in the 20s anymore. I hate it. I want to scream and say "HEY, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING HITTING US WITH SUCH COLD AIR IN MARCH!!! AND SNOW??? INSANE OR WHAT????!!!!" but of course I don't and just go with the flow. I can't even look at spring clothes because by looking at them I automatically start to shiver and that's not good. :(
 via we ♥ it
Happy Thursday...
I am so glad I'm back home now. It's been snowing every since I stepped out. Today is my "wear glasses day" and of course even with them on I wasn't able to see a thing. Thank you snow for making today a horrible day!!!

xoxo

12 comments :

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful and comments on my blog! I'm a new follower of your awesome blog now!

Golden Stilettos said...

If I were you I'd start looking for a new job now! I was unemployed for 8 months because it took just that long to find something.. anything.. just to be employed.

Change can be good but the way you explain your boss and how he speaks to you, I don't think this change will benefit you.

Sorry to hear about what's going on but hopefully there is tons and tons of sunshine ahead of you!

Good Luck!

JMay said...

Awwww, dislike! What do you do for work?
Change is always good lady :-) Good for you for not getting stuck there, you should never stay anywhere you're not happy at.

P.S. If you want a BIG change, movie to California...it's wonderful out here ;-)

Erin said...

I pretty much always wear my glasses when it snows...not sure why, but it's just my thing I guess. haha. And, March is usually our snowiest month in Colorado, which doesn't normally bother me, but it's been an unusually cold, wet winter and I am so over snow! I want sunshine, too.

Sierra said...

Sushi pretty much makes a horrible day turn awesome for me! I am glad that that and some chocolate helped you feel a bit better. Your boss is evil and I hope you find an amazing environment where you love your job in the future! XO!

angela.kolachny said...

that's terrible that your boss made you feel that way:o( you will have a BLAST in Philly:o)

Laura. said...

Selma, you *need* a new job. No employer should be able to to talk to you, or about you (and your co-workers) like that. Plus, you had all those problems with your shorted-paycheque a few months ago...

You deserve a job where your salary is agreed upon prior to your first shift and where you're treated with respect by your boss. Don't settle for anything less.

Jenna said...

sorry you have been going through so much at work lately! I hope things get better for you.. and I say definitely go for a new haircut! (I always get my haircut when i need a change! haha)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you've been having such a crazy week too. Hopefully next week will be better, because you can be looking forward to your vacation! woo woo! I know what you mean about the weather, it snowed last week and rained all day this week. It's sunny outside but freakishy cold and windy, but I'm just glad the sun it out and the haze is gone...for now.

Katie said...

I hate hypocritical a-hole bosses!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

So that boss pretty much sounds like a big dbag. Boo on him!

Big changes can be really good!

Mara said...

changes can be good! And a new haircut will be so fun! You'll have to share a picture to let us see a before and after :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...