November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful For

This week is all about that...and much more but mainly about that.


Being healthy.
As much as I would love to deny this very fact I do have to say I'm thankful for being healthy. I may not fully feel healthy and I may not have found out why but I'm definitely thankful for being as healthy as I am. There are millions out there not being this fortunate. Most of them even aware of the very sad fact that they may not make it through this year or even week. I am blessed with what I've got, and know how to value this (even on my worst days). There are worse things out there, worse scenarios and worse health problems than mine. I'm healthy, and that is what counts. Some weeks feeling off and just not right isn't going to make others less sick or in need.

Music and Internet.
In general, always! But what I'm mostly thankful for is the fact that I can finally listen to my favorite radio station online. Sigh. :) Live!!! Ah, this surely makes me homesick but I don't care. I love it. I love the fact that I can listen to it right this second. Thank you. I feel as if I'm driving through Ventura County right now. My heart melts and happy tears appear. Awesome. Love music. Love the internet even more. What did we do when we didn't have it?! Can someone please let me know? I can't remember anymore!!!!

Christmas.
It gives us all excuses to get together again. I think it's very uncool. Shouldn't we all just get together because we want to and not just feel obliged to do so on a holiday? I'm thankful for this specific holiday though. Not because of the presents (the older you get the less gifts are under the tree anyways), but because of the fact that my small family gets together...all at once, all in one place. We might have our differences and we might not be as close as others but it's family. It brings back memories, too. And well, just knowing that it's in almost one month...decoration alert at my place!!! Yay on that one!!


...more to come along the way...

I'm going to get to ready soon, take my book with me (I'm almost done) and head out to Starbucks. My Gingerbread Latte is waiting for me. I don't drink any other Christmas drink there. Peppermint Mocca is fun, but not my favorite. And a bit before 4 p.m. I'm going to the IMAX theater. It's our annual staff day at work and we're all getting together for some activity (last year we went to some odd museum) and then out for dinner. All free. Yay! I'm thankful for this day, too. At least I get to eat for free and do things I wouldn't normally do and going to watch movies there isn't something I would do. If ever one of these few friends here ask me to go I will definitely cry out of joy. Has never happened and won't ever happen. Trust me on this. I've tried to say "hey let's go". Reactions were disappointing. Oh well. Not that I like the IMAX theater but it's something and 3D IMAX movies are supposed to be fun. We'll see.

Thank you Monday!!!

Have an awesome day.


xoxo

click on the pictures for credits

8 comments :

Katie said...

Have fun at the IMAX! What movie are you seeing??

Mara said...

so many things to be thankful! happy monday! I hope you had a great weekend!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

So much to be thankful for! Have a great Monday!

Jenni said...

awww that was a wonderful list!!!! mmmmm gingerbread latte sounds soooooo yummy! I want one now!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time at the movies.

Nicole Marie said...

very thankful for my health too. so so thankful for that

Anonymous said...

i loved this list! and i still want a gingerbread latte because of you! hehe. i hope you had fun at the IMAX!

Kelly said...

Sounds like SUCH a fun day! I listen to a radio station in Kansas online once in a while and love how to takes me back there <3 What movie did you see? Love 3D IMAX movies! And you pictures on here are always so neat, love that Christmas decoration one! Hope you're having a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...