November 29, 2009

Sunday's Thought...So Random

Lately, I've been thinking a lot; maybe too much at times. I get kind of put in some sort of nostalgia I don't want to be in but can't leave because whatever keeps me thinking and looking back is part of me and even though it's nice to look back it saddens me. This year is almost over. Pretty much one more month and we have to train our brains to write down 2010 ...
...where did this year go?! Really. How come it's already late November and most of our Christmas decoration is out already?! Where did the time go?! Why so fast?

I'm sure there are some of us that love the fact that this year is over because 2010 will bring new excitement into life. Whether it is an upcoming wedding, or a baby on its way, graduation, a new job or a new home. But there are also people out there that don't want 2009 to end. I'm not sure which category I fit in. On one hand I did a lot in 2009 but it also was one of the worst years. I wanted it to be different and to be better. 2008 was already bad, and I wished for something nicer. Then again, this year was ok. I traveled which was definitely a plus, but I also had some struggles to overcome and find peace within me. So far the latter part is just not found yet.

Though I know ways to cheer me up...or at least to distract myself.

For one it is the internet. Reading other blogs, playing silly farm and fish games on facebook...and it's also watching TV and catching up on so many shows and movies, and well, reading books. The latter one has been part of my life for quite some time. In high school we were literally forced to read books. Books I would never ever touch and would not necessarily recommend but hey, it was time to read these giant novels and ancient stories. I touched some other, non-high school must-read books to distract myself from trying to understand German literature and was okay with it. But I never caught the reading fever until about nine years ago. From that point on I started reading whatever was appealing. I read psychology books, books about dreams, about magicians, Shakespeare, Japanese writers, English lit in general, chick lit, bestsellers, regular books, books my mom read, and books being mentioned in magazines, or that just looked cool while waiting on a shelf. I read tons. I still do. The only thing I never read and never will (I'm so sorry y'all) is Harry Potter books. Just can't. Not sure entirely why but I can't and I won't. I may be missing out on something, but so far I've been okay with that.
Reading helps me cope with whatever is going on with and around me. It makes me dream, and it makes me escape this world just for a few minutes or maybe hours. Certain books have this strong power over me that make me believe in what is written and focus more. Eat Pray Love was on of those books. Now, it is The Time Traveler's Wife. Last year it was Nineteen Minutes. And about five years ago it was The DaVinci Code and A Million Little Pieces. There are a lot more books I could mention but it wouldn't fully accummulate the power and energy these books have given me over the past years and months.

source

Reading this book right this moment...love it. Can't seem to put it away...it makes me want to read it even more whenever it's not in near sight. I haven't seen the movie yet. But knowing the actors and now reading about their characters makes me visualize the book even more. It's fascinating. Confusing at times but so beautifully written I want to jump right into that book. 

So much for Sunday.
Don't be fouled with my "happy sound" because I'm not there but still...happy Sunday!!!

xoxo

5 comments :

Malin said...

You'll get there sweets!!! I know, isn't it crazy that it's soon 2010???!? That means that I soon have to get used to being 22 and not 21 anymore!!! :( Booooo! And I was just getting comfy in 21!! Oh well, I'm sure 22 has its perks too!! ;)

xxx

S.Elisabeth said...

Time Traveler's Wife is next on my book list, I can't wait to read it. Hmm and 2009... I am excited for 2010 because I'll be graduating and going to college, but I'd say 2009 was a fairly good year. Actually it was mostly summer 2009 that was the good part, everything else was ehhh. I think everyone can find something amazing that happened each year, whether it was a part of a great year or a small moment that was overshadowed by the events of every day life.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

2010 could be your year!

I know what you mean about reading, it always helps me take my mind off things.

Anonymous said...

i like to read to, to somewhat remove myself from what is really going on. i have been wanting to read that book, so i will have to check it out. i am still unsure how i feel about the movie. but i wanna give the book a shot. i am sorry you are feelin down! i am undecided on if i want this year to end. it has been incredibly hard, but it also has been awesome. i think i am ready for a new start though ya know? a knew year, better luck. all that jazz. anyway, hang in there girl! you are amazing, and always so sweet to me. i am glad we are bloggy friends. if i can do anything for ya, let me know!

Katie said...

Time Travelers Wife is sitting on my shelf just waiting for me to read it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...