November 3, 2009

Lift Me Up

A few years back I walked through State Street and felt the urge to go into some of my favorite stores and just splurge on dresses. To that day I had never really been a dress girl. I loved to dress up and walk around all fancy if need be, or if I felt like it. But, I had never been a girl wanting to wear dresses. Even today I'm not sure if that's what I like. Though, I do have to admit I love dresses...maybe not on me, but I do love them. This might even be some sort of a girl thing (I know it is) and it's fun. So, back then while walking down State Street I spotted a few dresses and just had to try them on. My friend and I both went it and played silly. Unfortunately, I don't have those pictures anymore. We looked chic, and very not ourselves. The urge to buy them was big, but I didn't buy any of them because I just knew that I would never be wearing them or would never find an appropriate time to use them. So, we ended up buying different things and that was it. Though a couple of days ago I came across pictures that showed the most amazing dresses. I loved these and thought I'd share some of them. Hope you like them as much I do.
Oh, and if you think you feel like being sent back to the 1950s or 60s...yes, that's right!



 

 

 

 
 image sources...click on them!

Have a fabulous day!!!

12 comments :

Sara said...

The dresses are gorgeous!

Tokyo Girl said...

I'm a huge fan of vintage dresses. The shape/cut, fabric, everything about them.. And it's so much fun trying them on with friends! The dresses you posted are so lovely!

Kelly said...

Ahhh, LOVE! I adore the blue sash on the first one, and the white dress with the slits on the sleeves-- beautiful! I would SO go back to 1955 if I could, only to wear the dresses though, not live the seen-not-heard type of life where they only dote on their family, etc :-)

Angela said...

those dresses are so stylish. i like the white one.

The SSS Sophisticate said...

Love those! I always felt like I was born in the wrong era when it comes to clothes because I would just love to wear dresses like those!

Unknown said...

Dresses can be so much fun. I don't wear them a ton either, but it can be fun to have some really cool ones in your collection. If you don't have a time to wear them, invent a time to wear them, plan a fancy dinner just so you can show off how amazing a cute dress can look on you. I love the dresses you posted, vintage can be amazing.

Annemarie said...

Love these dresses! That first one is just gorgeous! XOXO

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

The first and the third are my favorites! :)

Mara said...

wow what gorgeous dresses! how fun!

Katie said...

those dresses are just fabulous! I would wear any and all of them!!

Anonymous said...

i love the white dress. its simple.

mina said...

i am in love with the first one. so pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...