November 18, 2009

Wishful Wednesday - Genre

As always on a Wednesday...

Wishful Wednesday

Kelsey's topic this week is


I wish...my life was a movie, and I would want it to be a dramatic comedy with some adventure!
(and an open end...)

Here's the thing about my life...as much as I want it to be interesting it is not. At least not to me.
I would want the movie to be about my life, nothing made up and nothing fake. 
Though with my life as a movie I'd have to start with the past, and that not just with my past.
And maybe see me reading a book to my grandchild about someone's (or my) life...Notebook style.




It all began with my grandparents and how they met in the 1930's. Him being a student in a foreign country and meeting my grandma. They fall in love, get married, have two girls. Then they move to my grandpa's home. All adventurous because flying is out of the question and the trip involves a long boat/cruise ride. Imagine the late 1940's, early 1950's in a so-called and also somewhat unknown Oriental country. Then the unthinkable happens. Divorce. The family is being ripped apart, and life changes instantly. Years pass by, and my mom reunites with her sister and her mother, and starts life from scratch. While working hard and enjoying life with great trips to Asia and southern America, a child is born.
Well, and that is where my life starts...all filled with a few months living in Trinidad and Tobago, then annual family visits to Istanbul, travels and more family visits to some European countries and to a few US States. Dual citizenships. Triple language household. Confusions. Fights. Job wise, name wise, health wise. My life being a bit dramatic. Then after junior high it gets a bit more interesting...and right after high school it is definitely time for new adventures, more family visits, more everything. College life. Some love stories are involved, too, which always end the way they started. And well, an endless search for the right path in life, struggles that make life a bit challenging, jobs that aren't much fun, more fights, unhappiness, happiness, reunions with old friends, and a heart and soul that is constantly being torn apart and not ready to settle or stand up for what it truly believes in.

The movie would be a comedy, with some dramatic touch as well as some fun adventures.
Imagine shows like How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and some Grey's Anatomy...
all in one!
*besides all those obvious romanic movies we all heard of*

And well when it comes to actors to that movie I would definitely have a hard time except for future me... definitely Sandra Bullock.

Happy Wednesday!

9 comments :

Manju said...

mine is just a downright comedy, with lots of FML moments T__T

maybe someday you can write a book abt your life, 'The Notebook' style ;)

Katie said...

awww I love the Notebook! Such a sweet movie :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohh, I totally agree!!! This would be a great mix!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

A great combo of genres! It keeps things interesting!

Mara said...

you are totally like me! I wish my life was like a movie like this. It would be so interesting! I love how sweet and romantic The Notebook is. The end is sad but beautiful. And Gilmore Girls was one of my favorite shows! It would definitely need to be comedy like that :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I would def, watch your life movie. :)

Anonymous said...

totally agree! i LOVE all of those shows! and i love the notebook :) such a great movie.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, I was thinking of romantic comedy but you've made adventure very appealing!

Malin said...

Apart from How I Met Your Mother (which I haven't seen), you just mentioned all of my favourite tv shows!!

I think the movie of your life would be cool!!! Let me know if it's ever made ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...