November 17, 2009

Quick update

So, here's what's been going on lately...

I have been busy at work even though it's all a lie.

I have been fighting my dizziness with more pilates, and longer hours of sleep.

I have cut down the amount of coffee I drink but can't make exceptions when it comes to GBL's.

I have come to terms with the fact that my life is messy and just unorganized. It's better that way.

All Christmas presents are sent out, the last ones today.
I spent a fortune on all of them, and ended up having a rude conversation with one of the women working at the post office. She wanted to tell me what I should or shouldn't send as gifts. I got pissed (already was due to her snippy tone and comment on how I signed and how I wrote 7), and so I asked her if those addresses mean anything to her whereas she looked at me quite surprised and said "I don't know these people, why? Should I know them?". Whereas I answered with "EXACTLY MY POINT...you don't know these girls but I do and that is why I CHOOSE what I get them for Christmas and not you. I'm paying all that, too, aren't I?!" Without further ado she gave in and let me sign, write 7 the way I've been doing it for over ten years, and pay the whole thing...I left the building still pissed but happy...finally the shopping and packing is done!!! I've had my share with rude and unfriendly people and have always ended up disgusted with all of them. I just can't stand rudeness. Yes, I may have been rude too but I simply can't play nice when I'm treated like shit. So, this again, proved that some Swiss people aren't as nice and just need to chill and learn how to smile. No wonder I feel I don't belong anymore. But yeah, I won't go there now.

My ear is bothering me. No, it doesn't hurt but I feel as if I'm hearing myself twice if not four times...it echoes (with or without an "e"?) in my ear like crazy.

Today is the fourth time people thought I was a tourist. Oh boy.

Three more days and I'm off work again. Not that I look forward to anything like that but I need to determine if whatever has been bothering me had anything to do with my temporary unemployment or not.

I think I know my plans for New Year's. Hope so. But I don't want to think about it now.

And the weirdest thing is happening...until NOW.
I hear songs that remind me of California. Southern or Northern, doesn't matter.
Wherever I go songs try to talk to me...
Yesterday I leave the house with my iPod on shuffle and the first song is by Phantom Planet "California". Thank you. Really. The next three songs are all songs I used to listen while sitting endless hours on Greyhound buses to San Francisco. I still wonder how I ever managed to do those trips...up and then down again, and up again and down again. Loved it though. :-) Then, while waiting in the movie theater at 2.15pm for the movie to begin with..."Have a Nice Day" by Stereophonics is on, and the next songs just make it better or should I say worse...Scott McKenzie and the famous song about the city by the bay, and Eagles with Hotel California...HELLO?! What is going on here?! I'm not joking. I thought someone played some really upsetting game with me, but no. All real, all very oh so normal. Quite scary.
And now, I had to turn off the radio at work...Stereophonics came on again, Phantom Planet too...what is up people?! Are you seriously trying to make me feel worse?!????
 
Tuesdays officially became my least favorite days.
Two more hours at work and I can go home...yeah!!!!! I so need to sleep and delete all my songs on iTunes. :(

Have a great day.

xoxo

8 comments :

Kelly said...

Craziness about the music!!! Whoah! :-)

The SSS Sophisticate said...

It's amazing how rude people can be for absolutely no reason! Mind you own business people!

Katie said...

way to show that post office beezy what's up!

Anonymous said...

i don't understand mean people! it is so unnecessary and you are paying them so why can't they just be nice! i am sorry about your ear! i hope that everything is okay!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That lady would have made me mad as well!! Are you coming back to the USA soon? I'm a new reader to your blog so I just figured out that you're living in Europe.

Malin said...

What a rude lady!! I'm glad you didn't put up with it!!!

Hope Wednesday will be a better day for you!!!

Amy said...

Wow about the post office lady- what a freak. At least all that Christmas gift sending is done. And sorry bout your ear. That's gotta be annoying!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ugh, I hate rude people!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...